There are a few important points you should be aware of, before ordering Tilapia from us.
1) Oregon is where the fingerlings are raised and shipped from. Oregon requires an Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) approved transport permit on all shipments, sending within and out of state. Under no condition, will we bypass this procedure. It is a cost of $12 and the permit is good for 30 days. We pass this cost onto our customers. Our low prices should compensate for this additional cost, however. Out of state customers will usually be approved within 24-48 hours. Customers within the state of Oregon, should allow additional approval time, usually 1-3 weeks. The $12 fee for application is non-refundable and will show on your invoice as a "Oregon Transport Permit".
2) The Tilapia fingerlings are shipped in boxes, at a weight not exceding 50 pounds each. Depending on the quantity of fish ordered, it may take more than one box to ship your fish in. Each box is charged at $10 each, and will added to your shipping fees.
3) If you live in Oregon, an Oregon State biologist is required to review the application, and approve the permit. This is due to the reason that Tilapia is considered, to Oregon state, an invasive species. The biologist may contact the buyer and request pictures of the containment system which will house the fish. Please review the ODFW rules located here, prior to purchasing your fish.
4) We ship fish on either Mondays or Tuesdays of each week. There are occassions where we will need to delay shipments for up to a week. In these cases, we will contact each customer affected, and schedule a time.
5) If you have chosen to pick up your fingerlings from our location in Silverton, Oregon, please note the following requirements. Most orders are available for pickup on Monday through Friday, 10am to 4pm. Your are required contact us at (503) 519-4837 at least 3 working days prior to pickup day to schedule an appointment. You will need to bring a cooler (ice chest) or some other method of keeping the fish insulated during your trip. For extended trips (longer than 3 hours), it is recommended to bring a separate storage containers for fresh water (to perform water changes) and/or provide aeration for the fingerlings. Please present your invoice and a photo ID when picking up your merchandise.
6) When you order, please note that most all orders received before Friday, 3pm PST, will ship on Monday or Tuesday of the following week. Shipments are sent UPS or USPS Overnight. So, be sure someone is available to receive the package.